1. Open Outlook 2010. Click the Orange File button. This will show the new file-menu system. There are Two ways to start the wizard. The first is to click on Add Account below the Account Information Heading.
The second is to press the button called Account Settings. the difference between the two is that the first will open the Auto Account Setup Wizard where as the Account Settings Button will open the Email Accounts overview window first. If you have any experience using Outlook both windows will look familiar to you.
2. Choose Manually configure server settings or additional server types
3. Click Next
4. Enter the following information for E-mail Accounts.
- Your Name: Enter the name you wish recipients to see when they receive your message.
- Email Address:This is the address that your contacts' email program will reply to your messages. This is also the address that will get recorded in your contacts' address book if they add you as a contact.
- Account Type: POP3
- Incoming mail server: mail.yourdomain.co.za (replace "yourdomain" with your actual domain name)
- Outgoing mail server (SMTP): Enter mail.yourdomain.co.za (replace "yourdomain" with your actual domain name)
- User Name: Enter your full e-mail address
- Password: If you wish for Outlook to save your password, check the box labeled Remember Password and enter your password in the text field.
6. You are almost done setting up your account. Now click on the "More Setting" button (bottom right). Now navigate to the "Advanced" tab. Make sure that your mail settings are as follow:
- Incoming Server: POP3: 110
- Outogning Server: SMTP: 25
7. Now go to the "Outgoing Server" tab and tick the option "My outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication.
8. Press the OK button and save your settings. Congratulations, you have just setup your new email account in Outlook 2010.